Gummis are some of the edible items in the game, like apples, seeds, potions, ethers, and bananas. There are many different types of Gummis, and each raises two stats, fills the belly according to type, and have a random additional effect.
Certain Gummis raise different stats, and no two gummis raise the same stats by the same amount. Also, no Gummi will ever raise the HP or Speed stats. The primary stat is raised by three, the secondary by two.
The belly filled by eating a Gummi depends on the effectiveness of the Gummi's type against that of the user. The following are the belly changes according to type match-up:
- If either of the types of the user match = +60
- Weak to type(Meaning the Gummi type is super-effective against the user's type.) = +30
- Damaged regularly by the type = +25
- Resistant to the type = +20
- Ineffective / Immune = +5
Note: The types are analysed individually. To quote the example from Bulbapedia: "A Grass Gummi would refill 80 of Hoppip's Belly, as it matches its Grass-type and is resisted by its Flying-type."
These extra effects only work if the player is in a dungeon. One of the following additional effects randomly come into effect when the player uses a Gummi.
- Being warped next to stairs.
- Super mobility. (Can walk on all terrains)
- Reveal all traps on the floor.
- Remove darkness from floor (If there is any).
- Heal non-volatile status condition (If any).
- Unveil all hidden items.
- Increased speed.
|Gummi||Favored by||Primary Stat||Secondary Stat|
|Black||Dark Types||Attack||Sp. Attack|
|Blue||Water Types||Defense||Sp. Attack|
|Clear||Ice Types||Sp. Attack||Sp. Defense|
|Gold||Psychic Types||Sp. Defense||Sp. Attack|
|Pink||Poison Types||Sp. Attack||Accuracy|
|Purple||Ghost Types||Sp. Attack||Evasion|
|Red||Fire Types||Sp. Attack||Attack|
|Royal||Dragon Types||Sp. Attack||Defense|
|Silver||Steel Types||Defense||Sp. Defense|
|White||Normal Types||Attack||Sp. Defense|
|Yellow||Electric Types||Sp. Defense||Attack|
|Mystic||Fairy Types||Evasion||Sp. Attack|