Marowak Training Dojo, otherwise known as MTD or simply just dojo, is a training dojo found in Grassroot Town which allows players to train at three different training dojos of varying difficulty. It also hosts Exbel's Arena for Player vs. Player battles. There is also a small stairway leading down to the relatively large underground room where NPC Sensei Marowak's Domain is, completely surrounded by the rest of the watery cave including large pillars holding up the above dojo. Upon entry, the Marowak will speak to you and teach you the ropes of getting around the Dojo on your first visit.
The Dojo is split into three dungeons, each with their own boss. The easiest and first accessible is the Bronze Training Dojo, then Silver Training Dojo, and lastly Gold Training Dojo. To progress and gain access to the other dojos, one must beat the boss of each dungeon.
Players are unable to recruit any Pokémon in this dungeon.
The scenery in this dungeon changes for every dojo. With each scenery change the Pokémon also change, introducing new ones that are getting harder to beat the higher up the player goes.
The Bronze Dojo takes on a rather grassy and watery look to it as it continues for 5 floors. It contains the easiest Pokémon of the dojos.
The Silver Dojo takes on a fiery rock look to it, containing switches opening up the next floor on later levels. It is a 10 floor dungeon. You must complete the Bronze Dojo to be able to enter the Silver Dojo.
The Gold Dojo starts off as a watery cave with blue crystals jumping from the side. It is 15 floors, being the last dojo to be unlocked. This dojo is the most difficult of the three. You must complete the Silver Dojo to be able to enter the Gold Dojo
Pokémon in bold are recruitable. Please visit the Recruitable Pokémon page for more information.
Medicham is the boss of the Bronze Dojo. After defeating Medicham, the player may move on to the Silver Dojo.
Lucario, student of the Sensei Marowak, is the boss of the Silver Dojo. After defeating Lucario the player may move on to the Gold Dojo.
Sensei Marowak, the dojo owner, is the boss of the Gold Dojo. After defeating Marowak, you are led to a warp maze room containing a Tiny Mushroom and the warp out.
Below is the [in]complete list of items obtainable from Marowak's Bronze Training Dojo, Silver Training Dojo, and Gold Training Dojo respectively.
- Cubone (8F-10F) (in walls)
- Meditite (11F-13F) (in water)
This dungeon's main objective is to train the Pokémon players bring into it. It is mostly for lower-level players as it is in the first town of Grassroot.
This dungeon is the best training spot for low level Pokémon, and therefore has a restriction that is put on it to prevent people from over-training inside of it. Players cannot bring their own items from outside the dungeon inside and are forced to rely on the items provided in order to stay in there for as long as possible.
- Marowak Training Dojo is one of the only dungeons that do not offer missions.
- Pokémon used to give more experience, but, due to staff decisions, they cut the experience given. They then decided to make three types of dojo for splitting up more of the EXP.
- This dungeon was the only one where the scenery set changes every floor, but was then changed into a constant scenery for each chamber.
- The Dojo used to be the strongest dungeon during the time of PMU 7's initial release.
- The Dojo was originally only one 5 floor dungeon without a boss and an arena not long ago. It also contained what today's dojo contained; a underground room where the Sensei stayed.