Secret Rooms, occasionally called Secret Chambers, are a feature that was added to the game in PMU7. They appear in set floors throughout several dungeons and can be rarely found and accessed by stepping onto a hidden stairs tile.
Secret Rooms often rewards players with a varying amount of Deluxe Boxes that can give Common or Rare items when opened at the Grassroot Bazaar, Tanren Bazaar, or Archford Bazaar with the help of the Xatu Appraisal service. However, Secret Rooms may also allow players to spawn rare, exclusive Pokémon with Honey.
Entrances to Secret Rooms are randomly generated on a floor and can appear in a number of dungeons. When players step onto the hidden stairways to access the Secret Room, players are transitioned between the previous floor and the next floor of the dungeon. For an example, players entering a Secret Room on floor 25 will exit the Secret Room on floor 26. As such, Secret Rooms are never found on the last floor of the dungeon.
The following below lists the Dungeons that contains Secret Rooms and their corresponding information:
|Region||Dungeon||Floors||No. of Deluxe Box[s]||Items||Obtainable Pokémon|
|Exbel||Far Thunderstorm Forest||???||4||
|Exbel||Harmonic Tower||50F-98F||3 (50F-74F),
|Exbel||Honeydrop Meadow||20F-25F||---||---||Scyther (Dawn)
|Exbel||Holiday Cave||Variable||Variable||Variable||Zorua (Phantom Forest HC)|
|Exbel||Loch Lenile Cavern||11F-19F
|Red Moon Spring: None
Secret Room: 2
Red Moon Spring: None
|Red Moon Spring:
All Fossil Pokémon
Fossil in inventory
|Exbel||Sentimental Aquifer Depths||???||???||???||???|
|Winden||Sky Fortress/Fairy Path||20F-29F||2||???||---|
|Winden||Sky Fortress/Fire Path||30F-39F,
|Winden||Sky Fortress/Ice Path||30F-39F,
|Winden||Sky Fortress/Thunder Path||30F-39F,
In certain secret rooms it is possible to spawn Pokemon with Honey. The Pokémon that spawn in these rooms are often rare pokemon that can only be gotten here. The Pokémon that spawn in these rooms are as follows;
- Zorua - Phantom Forest*
- Scyther - Honeydrop Meadow (Dawn only)
- Pinsir - Honeydrop Meadow (Dusk only)
- Combee - Honeydrop Meadow
- Vullaby - Tanren catacombs
However, Zorua is only available in Phantom Forest which is an Event dungeon.
In Sunrise Temple, the player can obtain a Larvesta egg after going through a puzzle.
The dungeons that Secret Rooms appear in most random dungeons, and they appear randomly in the dungeons. The list of the dungeons that the Secret Rooms appear in are as follows;
- Sauna Cavern
- Southern Sea
- Harmonic Tower
- Phantom Forest*
- Island Garden
- Winden Forest
- Thunderstorm Forest
- Deep Thunderstorm Forest
- Lenile Cavern
- Mt. Barricade
- Snowveil Den
- Tanren Tunnel
- Seafloor Ruins
- Gritty Hollow
- Sunrise Temple
The Secret Rooms of these dungeons give rare items that are also mixed with common items the list of items that the secret rooms give are inside their respective dungeon page.
Red Moon Springs
Instead of the common Deluxe Boxes that are found in other Secret Rooms this one offers no boxes instead it can spawn Pokemon. However the Pokémon that are spawned here are fossil Pokémon and you need special items to summon them.
The Pokemon that can be found here are all the fossil Pokémon, however you need special items to spawn them. The items that you need are fossils they can be found in a variety of dungeons, mainly Tanren Chambers, but there are also fossils inside Mt. Skylift and Crystal Ruins.
The items that can be resurrected in Red Moon Springs are fossils and there is a list of the items as follows:
- Old Amber - Mt. Skylift
- Claw Fossil - Tanren Chambers/Bug
- Root Fossil - Tanren Chambers/Grass
- Plume Fossil - Tanren Chambers/Fighting
- Dome Fossil - Crystal Ruins
- Armor Fossil - Tanren Chambers/Steel
- Skull Fossil - Tanren Chambers/Rock
- Helix Fossil - Tanren Chambers/Water
- Jaw Fossil - Dragon's Descent/Dragon's Descent Depths
The fossils that are found in Tanren Chambers are all found in different chambers, they are also all in the high floors (see Tanren Chambers for more information). The other fossils (Old Amber and Dome Fossils) can be found in Mt. Skylift and Crystal Ruins respectively.
When you summon the Pokémon via Fossil the Pokémon will be the living counter-part of the item, as a level 25 base form, with a recruitment of +1000 (always recruitable).
- Secret Rooms are never found on the last floor of a dungeon because of how Secret Room works as described under Locations.
- Secret Rooms can only appear in randomly-generated dungeons. As such, fixed dungeons such as Friendship Forest will never have Secret Rooms.
- Pitch-Black Abyss do not have Secret Rooms despite being a randomized dungeon because the dungeon layout requires players to travel room-to-room on a single floor throughout the entire dungeon.
- Sauna Cavern is the only dungeon with 2 floors of Secret Rooms.
- Eviolite can only be found in 1 Secret Room.